The Baptist Pillar © Brandon Bible Baptist Church 1992-Present www.baptistpillar.com
"...The church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."
I Timothy 3:15
Adopted in 1842
1. Be diligent in prayer, every morning and evening.
2. Never spend a moment in mere idleness.
3. Restrain natural appetites within the bounds of temperance and purity.
4. Suppress every emotion of anger or ill will.
5. Undertake nothing from motives of ambition or love of fame (selfishness).
6. Never do that which at the moment appears to be displeasing to God.
7. Seek opportunities of making some sacrifice for the good of others.
8. Endeavor to rejoice in every loss and suffering for Christ’s sake, remembering that though, like death, they are not to be willfully incurred yet, like death, they are of great gain.