The Baptist Pillar © Brandon Bible Baptist Church 1992-Present www.baptistpillar.com
"...The church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."
I Timothy 3:15
Available in tract form. Contact the Editor.
"One lord, one faith, one baptism" Eph.4:5
BAPTISM is the first command of obedience by a child of God after he has been converted, saved by faith. Acts 8:37; Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:38-41
BAPTISM is our identity with Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Saviour; also with His people, His Church, and His teachings. Acts 2:41, Gal. 3.27.
BAPTISM is a burial in water, (immersion) in the: name of the Father (Jehovah God), the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Ghost. Rom. 6:3-5; Matt. 3:13-17
BAPTISM is an act of following our Lord's example to fulfill all righteousness. Matt. 3:13-17
BAPTISM is a testimonial to your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Eph. 4:5
BAPTISM is performed in Jesus' name, because it is according to His Word. Matt. 28:19-20, Acts 10:48.
BAPTISM is the outward expression of an inward conversion. I Peter 3:21. Baptism should be administered as soon as possible after conversion. Acts 8:36-37, Acts 6:25-33.
BAPTISM is the picture of the Gospel; the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Rom. 6:3-5; I Col. 15:3-4
BAPTISM is the door into God's Church and necessary for participation in the Lord's Supper. Acts 2:41-42, 47; I Cor. 12:13
BAPTISM is one of two scriptural ordinances administered by the authority of a New Testament Baptist Church. The Commission was given to God's Church, not to individuals. Matt. 28:19-20
BAPTISM is a portrayal of your death to the old life, burying your past, and rising to a new life in Christ. Rom. 6:3-5; Acts 8:12
BAPTISM is a declaration of the Trinity, a declaration of your New Birth, and a declaration of your Sonship. Matt. 3:13-17
SCRIPTURAL BAPTISM REQUIRES:
1) A SCRIPTURAL CANDIDATE-a true believer, a saved individual: one who has repented of his sins and accepted Jesus as his Saviour.
2) A SCRIPTURAL AUTHORITY-God, John the Baptist, Jesus Christ, and now the New Testament Baptist Church.
3) A SCRIPTURAL ADMINISTRATOR-a pastor, missionary or man authorized by a New Testament Baptist Church.
4) A SCRIPTURAL MOTIVE- to Glorify God and declare the fact that you have already been saved, redeemed, born again.
5) A SCRIPTURAL MODE- a complete burial in water (immersion). Nothing else will do.
Matt. 28:19-20-Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.